Friday, August 20, 2010

Another project Come and gone

With another project on it's way out the pipe this week has been filled with free time. I will admit some of it has been spent playing starcraft 2, but while I haven't been 10-pooling and smearing folk with dark templar i decided now was as good a time as any to try and dable back in the "ZED" brush. Man what a week indeed! here is a break down....

A) learned a new poly paint technique using cavity masking
B) learned to re-topologize
C) Re-examined my sculpting workflow
D) figured out the ins and outs of zbrush compositing

The models I did were a dinosaur based on the concepts of greg broadmore, A nude female for an anatomy study, and the ol' man head from my school days.

I will say that I did censor the female for any of you faint of heart so be careful where you are viewing this. And just for the record I have no problem with the depiction of the nude form. As an artist I feel it is important to study the complexities of the human form. It is in no way an issue for me to view these models since in school i learned to look at the model from a non-sexual perspective, much as a doctor can examine a patient and not distracted. I am certainly up for rational conversation about the subject should anyone wish to discuss it in person.

Man I never felt so productive!
Here are some pics.

No comments: